Member's area
In order to become a millwright, you must first complete an apprenticeship. However, if you're already working as a non-unionized millwright, or if you've come from another country that has different policies or paperwork regarding apprenticeship, you may be able to use your training or work experience towards your Ontario certification (which you need to become a member of the union).
For information on certification requirements for foreign-trained industrial mechanics (Millwrights), please visit the Gateway to Diversity website by the Government of Ontario. If you have questions about your qualifications, or would like to know more about getting started as a millwright in Ontario, contact your local union office for more information. We're happy to talk to you about a great career with lots of potential
for success!
Union Benefits